Friday, April 07, 2006

If Mouse has its way !!!

This is all abt how to impress ur client !!! Read it somewhere !!! Timepass !

I was in the airport VIP lounge en route to Seattle a couple of weeks ago. While in there, I noticed Bill Gates sitting comfortably in the corner, enjoying a drink. I was meeting a very important client who was also flying to Seattle, but she was running a little bit late. Well, beinga straightforward kind of guy, I approached the Microsoft chairman, introduced myself, and said,

"Mr. Gates, I wonder if you would do me a favor.""Yes?""I'm sitting right over there," pointing to my seat at the bar,"and I'm waiting for a very important client. Would you be so kind when she arrives as to come walk by and just say "Hi Tom?""Sure."I shook his hand and thanked him and went back to my seat.

About ten minutes later, my client showed up. We ordered a drink and started to talk business.
A couple of minutes later, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

It Was Bill Gates."Hi, Tom," he said.I replied, "Shut up, Bill, I'm in a meeting!"

This story might be a practical one for all the conventional so-called techies.... Though not to Bill Gates, most of us might be trying dis wid ur colleagues... I've seen dis @ my office atleast...

2 comments:

Pradeep Soundararajan said...

the ground reality is pathetic and where are ideals ?

Ragav said...

Hey.. you posted this in 2006... i am reading it now... this has come as an advertisement now where Dhoni plays the role of Bill Gates... Nice...